UCF’s UpStarts Accelerator and Blackstone LaunchPad (programs of the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership) recognize that graduating student startups need transitional community support so that their ventures can continue to grow post-graduation.
The nonprofit coworking space, Canvs, has partnered with UCF’s UpStarts Accelerator and Blackstone LaunchPad to provide a year of transitional support as student starters leave campus and bring their growing ventures into the Central Florida community. Approved students will be given a year-long membership to the coworking space which includes orientation, scheduled mentor hours, pre-Starter Studio advisory meetings, specialized events and access to all of Canvs’ educational resources, facility amenities and networking events.
Students build ventures on campus through high touch point programs and readily accessible resources. They work in small groups with other starters and benefit from peer-to-peer learning while also creating a support network of others who are on the entrepreneurial journey. Through the UCF Starters Transition Program at Canvs we hope to guide students to the same experience in the local community so they can continue to develop sustainable ventures and better integrate with the ecosystem at large.
- Length: 12 months, May-Apr (launching 5/22/17)
- Participants: Approved UpStarts Graduates & Blackstone LaunchPad Alum
- May ‘17: UpStarts Class of ‘17 Demo Day/Canvs Welcome Party (5/22/17 6p @ Canvs)
- May ‘17: Canvs Orientation for UpStarts Class of ‘17
- May-Apr ‘18: Canvs Social Membership plus dedicated desk for UpStarts Class of ‘17
- June ‘17: Starter Studio Fall ‘18 Advisor Meetings
- Sept ‘17: UpStarts Class of ‘18 Social/Mentor Meetup @ Canvs
- Jan ‘18: UpStarts Class of ‘18 Social Mentor Meetup @ Canvs
- Apr ‘18: UpStarts Class of ‘17 pass the torch to UpStarts Class of ‘18